Is it possible to target entities with potion effects through any command? Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern)Do potion effects affect the ender dragon?minecraft Multiple Potion effectsRemove potion effects using command blockshow do I remove positive potion effects?Different commands select different entities (with the same target selector)Execute command in entity with potion effectHow to use exclamation marks in Minecraft commands?Potion Effects with Negative LevelsMy arrows aren't being executed at by a looping function/command blockPotion effects in certain radius?
Is the Mordenkainen's Sword spell underpowered?
Why do C and C++ allow the expression (int) + 4*5?
Meaning of "Not holding on that level of emuna/bitachon"
Pointing to problems without suggesting solutions
Can I ask an author to send me his ebook?
Does traveling In The United States require a passport or can I use my green card if not a US citizen?
Compiling and throwing simple dynamic exceptions at runtime for JVM
Assertions In A Mock Callout Test
Can 'non' with gerundive mean both lack of obligation and negative obligation?
Can a Knight grant Knighthood to another?
Converting a text document with special format to Pandas DataFrame
Does the Pact of the Blade warlock feature allow me to customize the properties of the pact weapon I create?
Why did Israel vote against lifting the American embargo on Cuba?
Like totally amazing interchangeable sister outfit accessory swapping or whatever
Raising a bilingual kid. When should we introduce the majority language?
Determine the generator of an ideal of ring of integers
Why do people think Winterfell crypts is the safest place for women, children & old people?
Why is ArcGIS Pro not symbolizing my entire range of values?
Why isn't everyone flabbergasted about Bran's "gift"?
Is Vivien of the Wilds + Wilderness Reclamation a competitive combo?
Should man-made satellites feature an intelligent inverted "cow catcher"?
How to ask rejected full-time candidates to apply to teach individual courses?
When does Bran Stark remember Jamie pushing him?
Does GDPR cover the collection of data by websites that crawl the web and resell user data
Is it possible to target entities with potion effects through any command?
Announcing the arrival of Valued Associate #679: Cesar Manara
Planned maintenance scheduled April 23, 2019 at 23:30 UTC (7:30pm US/Eastern)Do potion effects affect the ender dragon?minecraft Multiple Potion effectsRemove potion effects using command blockshow do I remove positive potion effects?Different commands select different entities (with the same target selector)Execute command in entity with potion effectHow to use exclamation marks in Minecraft commands?Potion Effects with Negative LevelsMy arrows aren't being executed at by a looping function/command blockPotion effects in certain radius?
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;
I was screwing around and attempting to make a mechanism where if a player shoots an entity with a special arrow (that gives a potion effect as a marker), and then activates another command block, it would kill all entities with that potion effect. After searching extensively, I couldn't find any nbt effect that I could use to kill entities with a potion effect, and there most certainly was not any other argument after @e[, so is there any nbt effect to target it, or any other way that I overlooked?
I found an old answer suggesting scoreboard functions, but it seems to be outdated and have the same issue (commands not being able to discriminate/select entities based on active effects, as far as I can find).
minecraft
bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 1 hour ago
This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.
add a comment |
I was screwing around and attempting to make a mechanism where if a player shoots an entity with a special arrow (that gives a potion effect as a marker), and then activates another command block, it would kill all entities with that potion effect. After searching extensively, I couldn't find any nbt effect that I could use to kill entities with a potion effect, and there most certainly was not any other argument after @e[, so is there any nbt effect to target it, or any other way that I overlooked?
I found an old answer suggesting scoreboard functions, but it seems to be outdated and have the same issue (commands not being able to discriminate/select entities based on active effects, as far as I can find).
minecraft
bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 1 hour ago
This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.
add a comment |
I was screwing around and attempting to make a mechanism where if a player shoots an entity with a special arrow (that gives a potion effect as a marker), and then activates another command block, it would kill all entities with that potion effect. After searching extensively, I couldn't find any nbt effect that I could use to kill entities with a potion effect, and there most certainly was not any other argument after @e[, so is there any nbt effect to target it, or any other way that I overlooked?
I found an old answer suggesting scoreboard functions, but it seems to be outdated and have the same issue (commands not being able to discriminate/select entities based on active effects, as far as I can find).
minecraft
I was screwing around and attempting to make a mechanism where if a player shoots an entity with a special arrow (that gives a potion effect as a marker), and then activates another command block, it would kill all entities with that potion effect. After searching extensively, I couldn't find any nbt effect that I could use to kill entities with a potion effect, and there most certainly was not any other argument after @e[, so is there any nbt effect to target it, or any other way that I overlooked?
I found an old answer suggesting scoreboard functions, but it seems to be outdated and have the same issue (commands not being able to discriminate/select entities based on active effects, as far as I can find).
minecraft
minecraft
asked Nov 23 '18 at 6:28
iruleoverkittensiruleoverkittens
6
6
bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 1 hour ago
This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.
bumped to the homepage by Community♦ 1 hour ago
This question has answers that may be good or bad; the system has marked it active so that they can be reviewed.
add a comment |
add a comment |
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
The NBT tag you're looking for is ActiveEffects. For example, if you shoot a mob with a spectral arrow, it gets this NBT tag:
ActiveEffects:[Id:24b,Duration:200,Amplifier:0b,Ambient:0b,ShowParticles:1b,ShowIcon:1b]
So you can target every mob with the glowing effect like this:
@e[nbt=ActiveEffects:[Id:24b]]
Unlike when setting NBT, you have to be exact when reading NBT, so you need the b.
The number is the numerical effect ID (archive).
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "41"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fgaming.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f341365%2fis-it-possible-to-target-entities-with-potion-effects-through-any-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
1 Answer
1
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
The NBT tag you're looking for is ActiveEffects. For example, if you shoot a mob with a spectral arrow, it gets this NBT tag:
ActiveEffects:[Id:24b,Duration:200,Amplifier:0b,Ambient:0b,ShowParticles:1b,ShowIcon:1b]
So you can target every mob with the glowing effect like this:
@e[nbt=ActiveEffects:[Id:24b]]
Unlike when setting NBT, you have to be exact when reading NBT, so you need the b.
The number is the numerical effect ID (archive).
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
add a comment |
The NBT tag you're looking for is ActiveEffects. For example, if you shoot a mob with a spectral arrow, it gets this NBT tag:
ActiveEffects:[Id:24b,Duration:200,Amplifier:0b,Ambient:0b,ShowParticles:1b,ShowIcon:1b]
So you can target every mob with the glowing effect like this:
@e[nbt=ActiveEffects:[Id:24b]]
Unlike when setting NBT, you have to be exact when reading NBT, so you need the b.
The number is the numerical effect ID (archive).
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
add a comment |
The NBT tag you're looking for is ActiveEffects. For example, if you shoot a mob with a spectral arrow, it gets this NBT tag:
ActiveEffects:[Id:24b,Duration:200,Amplifier:0b,Ambient:0b,ShowParticles:1b,ShowIcon:1b]
So you can target every mob with the glowing effect like this:
@e[nbt=ActiveEffects:[Id:24b]]
Unlike when setting NBT, you have to be exact when reading NBT, so you need the b.
The number is the numerical effect ID (archive).
The NBT tag you're looking for is ActiveEffects. For example, if you shoot a mob with a spectral arrow, it gets this NBT tag:
ActiveEffects:[Id:24b,Duration:200,Amplifier:0b,Ambient:0b,ShowParticles:1b,ShowIcon:1b]
So you can target every mob with the glowing effect like this:
@e[nbt=ActiveEffects:[Id:24b]]
Unlike when setting NBT, you have to be exact when reading NBT, so you need the b.
The number is the numerical effect ID (archive).
answered Nov 23 '18 at 20:34
Fabian RölingFabian Röling
6,69231340
6,69231340
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
add a comment |
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
I couldn't find it after like 2 hours yesterday, thank you so much!
– iruleoverkittens
Nov 24 '18 at 19:30
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
If it helped you, you can indicate that using the checkmark icon. It means something like "question is solved by this".
– Fabian Röling
Nov 25 '18 at 21:16
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Arqade!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fgaming.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f341365%2fis-it-possible-to-target-entities-with-potion-effects-through-any-command%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown