Any way to trigger home button with L Joy-Con only?
Why would a car salesman tell me not to get my credit pulled again?
Parsing text written the millitext font
What is the theme of analysis?
Can satellite position affects tides?
Short story about psychologist analyzing demon
Does every chapter have to "blow the reader away" so to speak?
Is it ethical to cite a reviewer's papers even if they are rather irrelevant?
Reviewing papers at a journal where your own work is currently submitted
David slept with Bathsheba because she was pure?? What does that mean?
Can I use 220 V outlets on a 15 ampere breaker and wire it up as 110 V?
Why are backslashes included in this shell script?
Commencez à vous connecter -- I don't understand the phrasing of this
In Pandemic, why take the extra step of eradicating a disease after you've cured it?
Must I use my personal social media account for work?
Why does there seem to be an extreme lack of public trashcans in Taiwan?
Approach sick days in feedback meeting
Was the Lonely Mountain, where Smaug lived, a volcano?
Tiffeneau–Demjanov rearrangement products
Dedicated bike GPS computer over smartphone
Purpose of cylindrical attachments on Power Transmission towers
Placement of positioning lights on A320 winglets
What's the difference between DHCP and NAT? Are they mutually exclusive?
Why is gun control associated with the socially liberal Democratic party?
How (un)safe is it to ride barefoot?
Any way to trigger home button with L Joy-Con only?
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty margin-bottom:0;
I was testing out the Snipperclips demo single player with the L Joy-Con, and I realized that I couldn't get back to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con.
Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console? Perhaps some combo of capture button holding and the L/ZL buttons?
nintendo-switch
add a comment |
I was testing out the Snipperclips demo single player with the L Joy-Con, and I realized that I couldn't get back to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con.
Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console? Perhaps some combo of capture button holding and the L/ZL buttons?
nintendo-switch
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06
add a comment |
I was testing out the Snipperclips demo single player with the L Joy-Con, and I realized that I couldn't get back to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con.
Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console? Perhaps some combo of capture button holding and the L/ZL buttons?
nintendo-switch
I was testing out the Snipperclips demo single player with the L Joy-Con, and I realized that I couldn't get back to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con.
Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console? Perhaps some combo of capture button holding and the L/ZL buttons?
nintendo-switch
nintendo-switch
asked Apr 14 '17 at 4:50
LogarrLogarr
2141311
2141311
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06
add a comment |
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06
add a comment |
3 Answers
3
active
oldest
votes
I'm pretty sure the only way to reach the Home Menu is by using a Home Button, on a controller which has it.
Same goes for the Share Button when wanting a screen capture.
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
add a comment |
Very similar to the unpopular answer (but this actually works), Turn the console off then on again, then by using the touch screen OPEN ANY NEWS ARTICLE TO THE LEFT tap 3 times, and it'll open the news article. in the bottom row there are touch-able back buttons that will bring you to the home menu, you can then tap close software to close whatever was running. I also wanna mention that I said "turn off then on" but I really mean "put it to sleep and wake it up", you don't have to shut the whole thing down. I hope this helps! It was a problem for me too.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
add a comment |
You can get to the Home Screen without a right joy-con, just turn the console off and on again, then by using the console's touch screen, tap the Home Screen icon (sometimes followed with the text: 'Switch User/Software'.
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
add a comment |
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "41"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: false,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: null,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
noCode: true, onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fgaming.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f306839%2fany-way-to-trigger-home-button-with-l-joy-con-only%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
3 Answers
3
active
oldest
votes
3 Answers
3
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
I'm pretty sure the only way to reach the Home Menu is by using a Home Button, on a controller which has it.
Same goes for the Share Button when wanting a screen capture.
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
add a comment |
I'm pretty sure the only way to reach the Home Menu is by using a Home Button, on a controller which has it.
Same goes for the Share Button when wanting a screen capture.
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
add a comment |
I'm pretty sure the only way to reach the Home Menu is by using a Home Button, on a controller which has it.
Same goes for the Share Button when wanting a screen capture.
I'm pretty sure the only way to reach the Home Menu is by using a Home Button, on a controller which has it.
Same goes for the Share Button when wanting a screen capture.
answered Apr 14 '17 at 4:59
GwellinGwellin
1,9421817
1,9421817
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
add a comment |
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
I was hoping that if only one was linked the capture button would switch to the home button, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So I guess if you're going to lose a Joy-Con make it the left one!
– Logarr
Apr 14 '17 at 16:30
add a comment |
Very similar to the unpopular answer (but this actually works), Turn the console off then on again, then by using the touch screen OPEN ANY NEWS ARTICLE TO THE LEFT tap 3 times, and it'll open the news article. in the bottom row there are touch-able back buttons that will bring you to the home menu, you can then tap close software to close whatever was running. I also wanna mention that I said "turn off then on" but I really mean "put it to sleep and wake it up", you don't have to shut the whole thing down. I hope this helps! It was a problem for me too.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
add a comment |
Very similar to the unpopular answer (but this actually works), Turn the console off then on again, then by using the touch screen OPEN ANY NEWS ARTICLE TO THE LEFT tap 3 times, and it'll open the news article. in the bottom row there are touch-able back buttons that will bring you to the home menu, you can then tap close software to close whatever was running. I also wanna mention that I said "turn off then on" but I really mean "put it to sleep and wake it up", you don't have to shut the whole thing down. I hope this helps! It was a problem for me too.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
add a comment |
Very similar to the unpopular answer (but this actually works), Turn the console off then on again, then by using the touch screen OPEN ANY NEWS ARTICLE TO THE LEFT tap 3 times, and it'll open the news article. in the bottom row there are touch-able back buttons that will bring you to the home menu, you can then tap close software to close whatever was running. I also wanna mention that I said "turn off then on" but I really mean "put it to sleep and wake it up", you don't have to shut the whole thing down. I hope this helps! It was a problem for me too.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
Very similar to the unpopular answer (but this actually works), Turn the console off then on again, then by using the touch screen OPEN ANY NEWS ARTICLE TO THE LEFT tap 3 times, and it'll open the news article. in the bottom row there are touch-able back buttons that will bring you to the home menu, you can then tap close software to close whatever was running. I also wanna mention that I said "turn off then on" but I really mean "put it to sleep and wake it up", you don't have to shut the whole thing down. I hope this helps! It was a problem for me too.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
answered 19 mins ago
Ben Astarb YTBen Astarb YT
1
1
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
New contributor
Ben Astarb YT is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering.
Check out our Code of Conduct.
add a comment |
add a comment |
You can get to the Home Screen without a right joy-con, just turn the console off and on again, then by using the console's touch screen, tap the Home Screen icon (sometimes followed with the text: 'Switch User/Software'.
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
add a comment |
You can get to the Home Screen without a right joy-con, just turn the console off and on again, then by using the console's touch screen, tap the Home Screen icon (sometimes followed with the text: 'Switch User/Software'.
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
add a comment |
You can get to the Home Screen without a right joy-con, just turn the console off and on again, then by using the console's touch screen, tap the Home Screen icon (sometimes followed with the text: 'Switch User/Software'.
You can get to the Home Screen without a right joy-con, just turn the console off and on again, then by using the console's touch screen, tap the Home Screen icon (sometimes followed with the text: 'Switch User/Software'.
answered Apr 9 '18 at 23:36
ThomasJBThomasJB
1
1
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
add a comment |
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
3
3
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
"Does anyone know of a way to get to the home screen without using the R Joy-Con, or resetting the console?"
– Memor-X
Apr 9 '18 at 23:38
add a comment |
Thanks for contributing an answer to Arqade!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fgaming.stackexchange.com%2fquestions%2f306839%2fany-way-to-trigger-home-button-with-l-joy-con-only%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
This is something I noticed myself recently when developing a Switch game. If the game only supports 1 Joycon, to get back to the home screen, you have to turn the left one off with the Sync button then connect the right Joycon. I'm tempted to add an "Exit" option to the game for when players are using just 1 Joycon.
– Mick Waites
Aug 15 '17 at 8:50
I would recommend supporting 1 controller, but allow it to be a pair like in the charging grip. That way they can turn on the right one at the same time.
– Logarr
Aug 17 '17 at 1:06